Wednesday 27 February 2013

Keke Ogungbe, Jimmy JATT, JAJ, Others pay tributes as Goldie goes home

Kenny 'Keke' Ogungbe, a friend and Denrele Edun. Photo: Victor Ekezie

Kenny ‘Keke’ Ogungbe, his wife Bolajoko and Denrele Edun at Goldie’s funeral service . Photo: Victor Ekezie
It was a very sad and gloomy mood at the burial of ceremony of Susan ‘Goldie’ Harvey held this morning at the Vaults and Garden, Ikoyi, Lagos. Although most of her friends and family were too shaken to talk to us, a few of her former colleagues said a few words.
Kenny Ogungbe
We give glory to the Almighty God. The giver and the taker. Nobody can question God because he knows best. It is so painful. All I can say is, may God rest her soul. It is also a clarion call to all of us in the industry to love each other, stay together and not take things for granted, because there’s no good day to die.
Kally Ikpe
I miss Goldie’s commitment to work. That’s the kind of person she was. The first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news was that it was not true. Unfortunately, it is real and she has been committed to mother earth.
DJ Jimmy JATT
Feel very sad right now. All I can say is rest in peace Goldie. I was wishing this was a dream, but here we are.
Capital F.E.M.I.
If you never really got to know her, you will never know her. She was an amazing person, it is as simple as that. It really didn’t hit me until today and it is just so sad.
Olisa Adibua
We love her and her memory lives on. I will always continue to play her music on radio as long as I can.
Julius ‘The Genius’ Agwu
It is a very sad situation. It makes you wonder what the whole purpose of trying to put smiles on people’s faces when you do not eventually get the joy. Just at the peak of her career when she had almost become a global brand, that’s when death snatched her away from us. The ‘Big Brother’, God has finally called her to come back home. You can ask God questions, but you can’t question God.
Eedris Abdulkareem
I was in Egypt when I heard the rumour. 24hours later, I called Baba Keke and he confirmed it, then it dawned on me we had lost Goldie. I would define her as happiness because she was always happy and she tried to make others happy too. When you are looking sad, she would always try to ask why and also cheer you up. She is indeed a great loss.
DJ Vinnie
We will miss her kindness, her love and generousity.
Essence
I will miss her friendship, her humility and love for friends. She was a great person. She was always interested in the lives of others and always trying to be there for everyone.
Toyin Filani (Sister)
She was a wonderful sister who loved her family.
Jacob Akinyemi Johnson
It is unfortunate that we are here under this circumstance. Goldie was a young lady that was committed to her family and career. We pray that God grants the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Tiwa Savage
We love you so much but our Heavenly father loves you even more. Your music legacy will continue to live on. We miss you. You will always be our Golden Goldie. Rest in peace my dear sister.
Minjin
She was full of life. She was always that when she’s worried, you can never tell. She was gracious, nice and accommodating. I’ve had the opportunity of working with her, dancing with her, holding her hand. I will miss you Goldie. Rest in Peace. We love you even in death.
Kate Henshaw
I was not close to you but I had a sense that you did not care what anyone had to say about you. You hid your vulnerablilty well. You shone through your music and expressed yourself through that medium. Shine in Heaven. Shine on with the angels
Adams SoundCity
Say my name, a piece of ear splitting candy. Skibobo, a melodious hunting anthem. Her songs forever stays golden. The last time we spoke, I remembered her saying we would hang out as soon as she got back from the states for the Grammys which we never eventually did. She was a shinning beacon of hope, a lady with a lot of charisma and also my friend. In a bid to say a final good bye, tears roll down my eyes because I thought it would be another hoax but sadly, my golden sweet heart is gone. Will certainly miss you. Susan Harvey.
Weird MC
Goldie was bold, brave, fearless. She was highly ambitious. She defied the odds. She was an innovator. She was such a breath of fresh air. I admired her greatly. She had guts, she was fun to be with and very intelligent. I will miss her and I will miss the fun times. I will miss an Allie, someone who gave me strength in difficult times. Oluwabimpe Susan ‘Goldie Harvey’, you came, you saw and you most certainly conquered. Fly like an eagle till we meet again. Weird MCizzle, as you would say is bidding you farewell. Rest in Peace. I will miss you so much, my dearest friend.
Uti Nwachukwu
GOLDIE, where do I start from? My heart bleeds every time I see your videos. I just keep sighing and hissing because you left us too soon! However, I will not mourn you Goldie! Nope, I will celebrate you. In your 31 years on this earth, you accomplished what people twice your age have never and probably will never achieve. Your creativity was exceptional! A hard working intelligent soft hearted woman with an attitude that lit up any dark room.
Professionally, you were a genius! Your videos are incomparable! Your stage performances were breath taking, fresh and filled with mind-blowing choreography! A daring sense of style-you could not be ignored ! Yep, you had come to stay! But our creator had other plans. Your kindness was really humbling. Every time I remember how you supported my charitable cause without battling an eyelid, I get teary eyed! I can’t forget how pleasantly surprised I was the first time I met you in 2009. I was moved by how genuine, down to earth, pleasant  and beautiful you were in person . Not forgetting your infectious smile! You stayed strong through it all and you inspired us with your strength, resilience, kindness, dedication and humility. May heaven celebrate your entry as we accept your exit. We love you Goldie, you will always be remembered. Rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment