Monday 18 March 2013

Woman Marries Five Brothers And Sleeps With A Different One Each Night

Rajo Verma, 21, lives in a one-room
shack with all five, sleeping with a
different one each night on a rota.

The housewife has no idea which one
is the father of her toddler son. She
said: "Initially it felt a bit awkward.
But I don't favour one over the
other."

Husband Guddu, 21 - the first to
make her his bride insisted: "We all
have sex with her but I'm not
jealous. We're one big happy family."

Guddu and Rajo got married in an
arranged Hindu marriage four years
ago and he remains her only official
spouse.

But the custom in their village is she
had to take as husbands his brothers
Bajju, 32, Sant Ram, 28, Gopal, 26,
and Dinesh - who married her last
year when he turned 18.

Eldest brother Bajju said: "I consider
her my wife and sleep with her like
my brothers." Rajo cooks, cleans and
looks after 18-month-old Jay while
her hubbies go out to work in
Dehradun, northern India.

She said of the ancient tradition,
called polyandry: "My mother was
also married to three brothers so
when I got wed I knew I had to
accept all of them as my husbands.

"I sleep with them in turn. We don't
have beds, just lots of blankets on
the floor.

"I get a lot more attention and love
than most wives."

1 comment: